Monday, November 22, 2010

Dinner and the Ballet

My friend Melanie won this contest from Girlfriends magazine for a free night out with dinner and the ballet with 3 girlfriends. And since I had encouraged her (& all my friends on FB) to enter & if they won - to take me! Well, she won & she did. She invited the other Baby Mamas (it's the name I gave to the group of moms I met in my son's ECFE class & did some summer playgroups with) and two of them were able to come with.

So, it was Melanie, Bonnie, Kristen & I out in the town. The prize included dinner at the Roasted Pear (we just had to pay for drinks & a tip) and tickets to watch the Twin Cities Ballet perform The Nutcracker at the Burnsville Center for the Performing Arts.

We had a really good time. It was my first time seeing a ballet performed. I actually saw the Twin Cities Ballet perform as part of a MN Orchestra concert, but that was only a handful of dancers for a few select songs. And of course I have watched my daughter in her dance classes and recitals.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So Cool read, thank you very much for sharing, Girlfriend magazine so so good. I will lets my girl read it
Vietnam tours