Saturday, December 31, 2011

End of 2011

As I look back and reflect on 2011, my goal was simply to get in to shape and exercise more and run a 10K. Well, the 10K was finished and I consistently workout 4-5 times a week, usually 5 times. And I did manage to lose a good chunk of weight over the summer.

For 2012 I plan to keep up with the working out. I am enjoying it and it has really become a social outlet for me. I have 2 fitness-related goals set up for this coming year, one is an indoor triathlon in March and the other is the Warrior Dash in June. I think I would like to try an outdoor triathlon except the one I wanted to do there is a scheduling conflict, so maybe if I can find a different one I want to go to. We'll see how the indoor one goes.

Some other things I want to do in 2012 is try out new things. And we are not waiting until the clock to strike midnight to start with that goal. Today, Andy & I are taking skiing lessons. I am also planning on taking a wheel-throwing pottery class. And I would like to make a rag rug (might as well dig through that donation pile to make something with it if I keep forgetting  to put it out for the donation truck that comes around.) Oh! And kayaking! My husband bought me a kayak for Christmas and I have taken an indoor course and have a friend who is willing to take me out to teach me more (same friend who taught me more about XXCing last year.)

No comments: