Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Valentine's Day

We had a pretty nice Valentine's Day. I got up a little early to work on breakfast, since we were going to sit down and eat breakfast together, but I also ended up going on a little scavenger hunt. When I went into the bathroom there was a card & some chocolates and a little note in the card that said that one card would not do and there were other cards throughout the house. He had 30 of those valentines with personalized messages on them through the house & my car. I have to count them, but I think I am still missing 2. Also, some more chocolate in my purse.

Breakfast was started the night before, it was a slow-cooker apple-cinnamon oatmeal. Fabulous! If anyone wants the recipe it's great! Low-cal, low-fat, high fiber, low WW points, high on flavor and very filling. I made some 'chocolate caramel brownie' coffee and bowls mixed with minneolas and blood oranges, some oj & sparking water (served over ice in our wine goblets). Oh! And we topped the oatmeal with a little whip cream. So Good. It's definitly one for the recipe book. I got out our nice silverware and the china to eat on, the cloth napkins, lit the candles on the tables, and put the roses I picked up on the table. Very nice.

In the evening we rented a movie, Broken Flowers , to watch together as we cuddled on the couch. It was a decent movie, but no conclusive ending. So, if you like conclusive endings, you do not want to watch this movie. And I made a nice dinner of toasted whole wheat french bread, salad (w/ romaine, spinach, carrots, cucumber, tomato, & green onion), spaghetti w/ homemade sauce (tomatoes, spinach, mushcrooms, onions, in a sauce & my own seasonings) & meatballs, and some sparkling water. Again, candles, flowers, china, nice silverware, wine goblets. A nice dinner -- which will make nice lunch leftovers today.

And then Andy gave me some candy hearts -- my favorite. I prefer them over chocolate any day, but chocolate is nice too.

1 comment:

Lame Shrill Owl said...

I decided to post the recipe on my food blog and made a link to the oatmeal recipe.

Steph - you may consider trying it even though Jason does not like oatmeal. The texture is very different than regular oatmeal since it cooks all night. The oatmeal breaks down quite a bit and it doesn't have than traditional oatmeal texture.

It is very filling.