Sunday, February 26, 2006

A Weekend in WI

The drive to & from WI wasn't too bad. We had to stop twice on the way there and three times on the way back (although that 3rd time was for Andy.) It only made out 5.5 hour trip about 15-20 minutes longer having to stop more than once.

Friday night we had birthday cake for a delayed 50th birthday for my mom (her birthday was in January) and Saturday was my dad's 50th birthday party. We had this western murder mystery party theme going on for it. Both he & my mom seemed to have enjoyed themselves, so that was nice. Everyone really got into dressing up in costume. There were some really good ones. The funniest part was at the end when we were cleaning up and my sister Steph noticed that my dad was wearing her FBI sweatshirt. Here's how the conversation went (or at least close enough):
S: Dad, why are you wearing my FBI sweatshirt?
D: I thought I was supposed to. It was sitting there with all the rest of the clothes your mother laid out for me.
S: Didn't you see my pajama pants sitting there too?
D: **Teehee! Ha! Ha!** I'm wearing those too. (And proceeds to take down his jeans and show us the pajama pants he is wearing underneath.)

OMG! It was just the funniest thing. I was laughing so hard that my eyes started to water. So funny.

After the party we came back to my parents' house and took naps, then I talked to my sister Stepg for several hours.

Today - got up, got ready to leave, left at noon and began our trek back to MN and I sit here now watching the Simpsons.

2 comments:

CatWoman said...

Your dad sounds like a fun dude.
LOL That is hilarious. Was he being funny? Or did he really think he was supposed to have pj bottoms on? LOL OMG I'm cracking up.
BTW it's benign. Doc was sick all week and after being a pest nurse was forced to tell me my result on Friday. Jerks. Monday I actually get to talk to the dr.

Lame Shrill Owl said...

He didn't know what kind of party it was going to be, so he thought my mom had them out for him to wear and he was supposed to wear them. Funny stuff.

I am glad that it was benign. I don't know how you waited so long to find out. I had a hard time waiting to 8:30pm on night when the doctor returned his calls to tell me my glucose levels were fine, and that was the same day as the test. I couldn't imagine having to wait for days and for the type of results you were waiting for.