Thursday, January 05, 2006

Favorite Desserts

I was thinking about my favorite desserts the other day. I like a lot of desserts, but are my faves:
* Anything with carmel & chocolate together (mmmmmm!)
* Plain cheesecake (or could have raspberry or chocolate w/ carmel topping)
* French Silk Pie (drizzle some carmel on the top and you have heaven!)
* Dolly Madison Raspberry Zingers (not a big fan of coconut, but you don't taste the coconut in these, just the raspberry)
* Plain vanilla ice cream or even better with carmel sauce on it (don't really like the hot fudge stuff though) Haagen Dazs makes a Light Dulce de Leche that is fabulous.

Ok - so give any dessery with raspberry in it and I love it or stuff with carmel & chocolate together.

My favorite candy bars are carmello & Rolos - go figure, huh! Or those hershey kisses w/ carmel in them.

7 comments:

McBean said...

Do you have an ice cream maker?

Cuz...I have a killer caramel ice cream (low fat) recipe at home. Let me know if you want it. It's super easy. More of an ice milk...but I like it.

Lame Shrill Owl said...

Hmmmmmm....sounds like I need to get a couple of recipes.

I would like both of them.

Yes, I do have an ice cream maker.

CatWoman said...

How about that flourless chocolate cake? To die for.
Have you had key lime cheesecake or pumpkin cheesecake. Pumpkin ice cream too is the shiznit!

McBean said...

Caramel Ice Cream

4 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 (10-ounce) jar caramel topping

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; stir until well-blended.
Pour mixture into the freezer can of an ice-cream freezer, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Spoon ice cream into a freezer-safe container; cover and freeze 1 hour or until firm.
Yield: 6 cups (serving size: 1/4 cup)

NUTRITION PER SERVING (1 point; 3 for a ½ cup)
CALORIES 59(17% from fat); FAT 1.1g (sat 0.6g,mono 0.3g,poly 0.0g); PROTEIN 1.6g; CHOLESTEROL 5mg; CALCIUM 61mg; SODIUM 48mg; FIBER 0.0g; IRON 0.0mg; CARBOHYDRATE 10.2g

McBean said...

This one is also most excellent.

EASY CRANBERRY SHERBET (2 PTS FOR ½ CUP)
2 cans jellied cranberry
13 oz. lemon-lime drink

With mixer, blend cranberry until smooth. Slowly add in lemon lime. Place in ice cream maker for about 30 minutes. Put in freezer safe container for another 30 minutes if you want it firmer...it's a little slushy after just the ice cream maker.

Lame Shrill Owl said...

I think I may have to make the carmel ice cream this weekend. I just need to go buy ice. I have everything else. Although I will probably make it with whole milk.... I like homemade ice cream with whole milk.

Lame Shrill Owl said...

I have made pumpkin cheesecake and still prefer plain, never made key lime.

I have made a flourless hazelnut chocolate cake. That I liked.