Sunday, April 17, 2005

Things I Learned in Mags This Weekend

So - I spent some time looking through magazines this weekend (we have A LOT of subscriptions). So, I thought I would share a few interesting things that I ripped out (I think Andy hates all the ripped out ppapers from magazines that seem to multiply in our house.)

So, here they are:

Appliance Calculator - see how much each of your appliances cost to run. I found that it costs more to run a portable heater than it does to run an electric blanket. Good to know.

Free Golf Lesson - May is free lesson month and you can get a free lesson with a PGA professional. How cool is that. You have to do a search using your zip code & free lesson month, some places are only giving free lessons to members. Very cool.

Places to Swim - So, in theory this is good, but they don't have stuff in all states (like MN & WI, so it doesn't do me much good, actually seems like they have everywhere but the Midwest, maybe they are visiting places and just have not gotten to the Midwest yet, 'cuz we gont plenty of swimmin' holes.)

Museum of Useful Things - So, I saw an ad for a book holder (very clever idea!) and thought I should check this place out online. Other things I like are: Lobby dustpan, carpenter's pencil & sharpener, Clipiolas (round paper clips), & Stainless Steel Meausring Cup. Although I never did see the book holder on their site. Check out the humane mousetrap on there - it looks like a weird double-headed vibrator.


Fashion Swap Party - Interesting cocenpt. I wonder how well it works.
And then there are the recipes I ripped out because they either sounded good, or I have the ingredients in the house to make them this week (& the sounded good too!):

Turtle Bars
Slow-Cooker Beef & Veggie Stew
Mac-n-Cheese Pie
Kiwi Tart
Ritz Mock Apple Pie
Easy Bake Strata

2 comments:

CatWoman said...

Lurve the appliance calculator.
Now I can justify turning off the fridge when going away for a month.

Lame Shrill Owl said...

The appliance calculator is nice....really makes you think twice about some things you may not need