Friday, March 09, 2007

How Smart Is Your Computer?

Tonight's news had a story about daylight savings time being 3 weeks early and that some computers are not programed to recognize it. This guy at the U of M made this test so you can figure out whether or not your system is ready for the new DST time. It automatically tests your system when you go to the website. Our laptop is good to go, but I'll need to check the desktop yet. I guess if your system is not ready it will tell you where you can get a patch to fix it.

Just thought others might like to know about this.

1 comment:

CatWoman said...

Gosh, I didn't even see a home page. It just went into "Your system appears to be ready for DST 2007!" automatically. It makes you wonder if that's accurate when you don't see some sort of a working process in action. But at least I know about the time change and if I have to manually change the time I will.