Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Nursery Rhyme Thoughts

Ok - so I'm a mom and Isabel likes when I sing nursery rhymes to her. And some of them make me think.

So, here are my thoughts:

Old King Cole - I swear it's all about smoking pot. He wants his bowl & pipe....what else could it be.

Rain - When we were getting all sorts of rain the past few weeks, we sang this often and I couldn't help thinking that our family in Spain would not be fond of us sending the rain we were getting to them.

Little Jack Horner - You know, he's really not such a good boy if he is ruining the pie for everyone else. I make motions to this song and Isabel does them with the rhyme now.

Baa, Baa, Black Sheep - Andy asked me if this rhyme was about slavery

The Old Woman in a Shoe
- When Andy read this to her this weekend, he added in some comments about her going on welfare to support her children.

Jack Be Nimble
- Are we trying to encourage dangerous behaviors in our children? I like the Jill addition in the link.

Just some thoughts......

No comments: