Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Sheepherder's Breakfast

I made this for breakfast the last day that Ana, Brian, & Andres stayed with us. I had never made it before and it was fan-freaking-tastic. Brian wanted the recipe and I thought I would just post it here. You really should try it. This is the way I made it, which is altered. I rarely make a recipe just the way it says. I like to spruce it up a little.

Sheepherder's Breakfast

1/2 pound sliced bacon, crumbled
1/2 pound ham, diced
1 med. onion, diced
16 Oz. frozen shredded hashbrown potatoes, thawed
7-10 eggs
Minced fresh chives
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

In a 12 or 14 inch skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Let bacon cool and then crumble it and set aside. Cook diced onion in bacon drippings until translucent. Add ham, hashbrowns, & chives and cook until the hashbrowns start turning brown (about 10 minutes). Stir in crumbled bacon. Using a spoon, make 7-10 "wells" evenly spaced in the hashbrowns. Break an egg into each well. Sprinkle salt & pepper to taste. Sprinkle cheese on top. Cover and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes, until the eggs are set. Serve immediately. Yield 7-10 servings.

Enjoy your breakfast!

No comments: