Sunday, August 29, 2004

Let's Play Mad Libs

I read this article yesterday about reducing stress in your life. The whole basis of the article is that we felt less stress as children and if we get back to doing some of the things we did as kids we will feel less stress during those moments, because as kids we were living in the moment, laughing, and having fun and not necessarily thinking or worrying about other things. Which – when parents ask their kids after they did something stupid, “What were you thinking?” – they actually are telling the truth when they say they weren’t.

So, the article lists a bunch of things to try doing to relive some of the fun from childhood, and I actually do quite a bit of them from time to time, but the one that caught my eye was Mad Libs. I remember being 13 and filling out those things with friends – of course the fun part was filling it in with vulgar and sexual words. Does Mad Libs realize that everyone does that?

I ran over to the mall and went to the bookstore and found a couple different Mad Libs. I was thinking that I had some upcoming occasions these would be fun for – one being last night at a girls night. We had a lot of fun. We forgot how much fun it was to say hump, tits, and ball hairs.

Wouldn’t it be fun to do a Mad Libs? I will list the word types you need (today) and you can either post them (so, I can read them & laugh) or write them down for just yourself and then I will post the story with the blanks (tomorrow).

Adjective:
Adverb:
Part of the Body (plural):
Part of the Body (plural):
Adjective:
Noun:
Verb:
Liquid:
Noun:
Verb Ending in “ing”:
Noun:
Adjective:
Adjective:
Plural Noun:
Plural Noun:
Noun:
Verb (past tense):
Part of Body (plural):
Adjective:
Verb:
Noun:
Adjective:

No comments: