Thursday, August 18, 2005

Fair Time

Just got back from the Fair (3rd & Final time this week).

Here's the food tally:
* Cool Dog Sundae (Andy & I each had one, this is what my friend April was selling)
* Apple (free, the hospital was passing them out - me)
* Corn Dog (Andy)
* Strawberries & Creme (me)
* Grilled Chicken Sandwich Plate (I chose healthy sides of grape cup, strawberry cup, & Diet Coke, Good Deal from the 4-H Foodstand)
* Sloppy Joes Sandwich(Andy chose sides of potato salad & orange sherbert & lemonade, another 4-H Foodstand deal, they always have the best deals)
* Raspberry Custard Pie (Andy - these are always good and relatively cheap {$2.50} according to fair food prices)
* Bottled Water (Andy)
* Deep Fried Garlic Mashed Potatoes (we shared this, it was something new and came with seasoned sour cream - pretty yummy and filling)

We won't be going to the Fair anymore this week. It is always so crowded on weekends. It was pretty impossible to walk around tonight.

April & I did sneak away (leaving Jason to man the ice cream cart) to watch the human cannonball. I had never watched that being done. It was pretty neat to see. This year he was being launched over 2 ferris wheels.

4 comments:

Lame Shrill Owl said...

Again - with the spam - DELETE. DELETE

CatWoman said...

What no alligator??? LOL

Lame Shrill Owl said...

I did have alligator once at the fair, not this year.

McBean said...

I haven't been to a fair in YEARS.