Friday, August 26, 2005

Yummy Food!

Last night I made some yummy food for supper. I made my favorite soup recipe, Pasta e Fagioli.
It's a completely vegetarian version (not like the Olive Garden Version.) I used greens from beet tops (bought at the Farmer's Market) in the recipe. I had actually used the beets to make a sauce, but that didn't taste so good.

I also made this Roasted Eggplant Basil Spread. I am actually eating it right now on some Rye Crisp. The recipe is actually from a Weight Watchers Website. No points (as it's all vegetables.) I had bought an eggplant at the Farmer's Market and was looking for a recipe. This was perfect. I halfed the recipe (except the garlic, I kept that at 2 cloves. I love garlic!) Definitly a recipe worth trying.

Today I will be making some jellies.

3 comments:

Kinky Phanie Gates said...

That eggplant dip does sound yummy. I'll have to try it...0 points is always awesome!

Meow said...

LSO have you tried making babaganouj ever? Seems complicated.
But it's good.

I'm going to Turkey for a vacation.
This was a whim. I have no clue. I'm still figuring out what I'm going to do when I get there.
For sure Istanbul,Troy & Ephesus.

Lame Shrill Owl said...

I have never made it before, but I did have it at a Da Afghan, http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=11426012&postID=111110743101880203

It was pretty good.