Friday, August 26, 2005

Yummy Food!

Last night I made some yummy food for supper. I made my favorite soup recipe, Pasta e Fagioli.
It's a completely vegetarian version (not like the Olive Garden Version.) I used greens from beet tops (bought at the Farmer's Market) in the recipe. I had actually used the beets to make a sauce, but that didn't taste so good.

I also made this Roasted Eggplant Basil Spread. I am actually eating it right now on some Rye Crisp. The recipe is actually from a Weight Watchers Website. No points (as it's all vegetables.) I had bought an eggplant at the Farmer's Market and was looking for a recipe. This was perfect. I halfed the recipe (except the garlic, I kept that at 2 cloves. I love garlic!) Definitly a recipe worth trying.

Today I will be making some jellies.

2 comments:

CatWoman said...

LSO have you tried making babaganouj ever? Seems complicated.
But it's good.

I'm going to Turkey for a vacation.
This was a whim. I have no clue. I'm still figuring out what I'm going to do when I get there.
For sure Istanbul,Troy & Ephesus.

Lame Shrill Owl said...

I have never made it before, but I did have it at a Da Afghan, http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=11426012&postID=111110743101880203

It was pretty good.