Thursday, December 16, 2004

I'm Not Going to Lie

I had my Lasik done yesterday and I'm not going to lie -- some things hurt. They informed me of some of the things people find uncomfortable so they don't scare me. The drops sting a tiny but, but it wasn't a big deal. The thing I really didn't like was the pressure thing. The right eye (1st one) was uncomfotable, but the left one just downright hurt. I almost thought my eye was going to be sucked out. The actual cutting and laser on my eye didn't hurt at all. When it was all done I could see - but not very clearly and felt kinda crappy. The most painful part (by far) was after. It was sunny out and even with eye patches and dark sunglasses the light was just too bright.

And you know how your eyes water (tears really) when light is too bright, well, that is what happened. And tears are basically salty water, so nothing like putting salt in your wounds. Shit! That burned, stung, hurt, you name it. And they just would not stop watering. When we got home I could not fall asleep (even with having taken the Valium) and even though I was in a dark room (except for the tv on - which I was not looking at, just listening too) my eyes kept watering. Eventually they stopped watering so much and returned calls to a couple friends that left messages to check on me, and then went to bed @ 9pm (should have really gone to bed earlier) and woke up at 7am.

It was so nice to be able to see the alarm clock. I went to work (am here now) and had to turn on only 1 sets of lights in the classroom as both sets are too bright. Have had a slight headache all day, but nothing major. I put in my drops and take my Aleve and all seems well. In about 20 minutes I have my 1 days follow-up Appt. to go to.

I told Andy I am not sure we should have children as I am too much of a wimp to go through the child birth - considering my whole time in the surgery room was 15 minutes and I was bitching about the tears in my eyes. I am not sure I can handle hours of pain paired with being cut and all the other stuff that goes along with having a baby.

I had also considered getting braces and had a consultation on that once and they told me they would have to remove a tooth or 2 to make room for the teeth to move. I am re-thinking that now. I gotta imagine removing a tooth is much more painful (although I have had all 4 wisdom teeth removed) than Lasik. To be honest, I think I have just turned into a wimp. Maybe I should look into vaneers. I don't know anything more about them - just what I see when I have watched "The Swan". But I want pretty teeth - I just don't want to have any taken away from me. I just don't like pain - plain & simple.

2 comments:

McBean said...

You can see better now though, right? Was it worth a day of pain? I had this really painful outpatient "surgery" to remove an absess from a very inconvenient area...my bootay...and it was so painful. I didn't cry or scream or anything like that. But it hurt like hell. And someone later told me they had one removed once...and that it was worse than childbirth. So I think I might be able to handle it. I did cry afterwards in the car though. Because it still hurt to sit.

I had braces. They didn't hurt me like they hurt other people. I think I have a high tolerance. But even so...braces aren't that bad...and I don't think removing the teeth would be that bad either....don't they knock you out for that like they do for wisdom teeth?

I'm doing the Lasik thing as soon as I can. When the car is fixed. After I've gone to Hawaii. And Italy. Blah. Too much to do.

Tru said...

Childbirth, worth it? Not with the 4 "Brats" I got! JUST KIDDING!!!! LOL I got 4 healthy, intelligent, sensible, etc.. kids. Do I get a better Christmas present now?