Sunday, December 05, 2004

I'm Tired.

Wow! I have accomplished A LOT this weekend and I am tired, but no rest for the weary yet because I still need to make supper and workout on the treadmill.

Friday after work I came home and took a nap until Andy was home from work. Then we went out to eat at Pizza Hut. I can't even remember the last time we went out to eat for pizza. It's not we get it delivered either because our town is small and the nearest town doesn't have places that will deliver to us. Usually we just pick up something from Papa Murphy's and bake it at home or make a good 'ole frozen pizza if we are in the mood for a pizza. After the pizza we went to the movies and saw "The Incredibles". I heard good reviews of it and whenever that happens the movie never lives up to my expectations. My biggest complaint about the movie is that they make it look like you can bounce back from getting old and fat easily & quickly enough and still save the day. There is going to be a whole generation of kids that think they can get all chubby as they get older and do a few sit-ups and you are back to your high school weight. Bah.

Saturday I got up early and went with some friends to this "Mini-Spa Day" at the YMCA. It started out with Yoga (which was a let down because it was an aerobics yoga - basically aerobics using yoga poses. It was not at all like anything I had ever done and I have been doing yoga for several years. A couple of the people that we went with had never done yoga and we had to convince them that was not yoga.) After the yoga was some Qi Gong, which was nice and relaxed and enjoyable. Next was a smoothie break (Caribbean Blend was the flavor - these were yummy.) After that an Aveda spa was there giving chair massages and hand massages (you got to pick one) and then you could go use the pool area (sauna, pool, whirlpool). So, I got a chair massage (they were short, but nice) and then went into the whirlpool & pool. After that was a light lunch of wraps, veggies & dip, apples, & bottled water. It was a nice lunch. Finally there was a little workshop/class on becoming stress-free for the holidays. I couldn't get into it because the same person doing this was the aerobics instructor who did the crazy-ass paced yoga. She spoke so quickly that it just made your brain spin, and when she did her guided imagery she slowed down a little bit - but was pacing around the room rather quickly and you could here this and it was pissing me off. Anyways - her 1 hour class was finished in about 40 minutes - cutting off 1/3 of the time.

That night Andy & I went to this coffee shop called Javalive in a nearby town. It's a neat place. It's pretty big and they have a large assortment of mismatched couches, occasional chairs, coffee tables & end tables, and dining tables & chairs by the stage. The entertainment Saturday night was the local brass quartet. They were performing their Xmas concert. It was nice (& I had a HUGE hot cocoa while I listened & read my magazine.)

I was up by 8AM today (which is early when I don't HAVE to get up for anything). I spent the day making shortbread cookies, gingerbread men, & fudge. I also made a crap load of homemade gifts for friends & my volleyball team. I figure I spent about 6 hours making gifts and now I am exhausted.

No comments: