Monday, June 13, 2005

Finally - A Day of Summer

So, I have mentioned that I work in a school. Well, school has been out for about 2 weeks now and I finally get a day off - but just one.

I decided to take some summer classes. One started 6 weeks ago and ran once a week for 4 hours every Wednesday & 1 Saturday (this last Sat.) That class was my Multicultural Counseling class. It ends this Wednesday evening. I am sure I did well in the class, but I didn't care for it much. I should say I didn't care for the textbook much which is by Sue & Sue and they completly make all whites out to be racist and we can't deny it and it will just always be that way. Of course, the white man is the only racist one; no one else from another race discriminates against another race. I also don't like the teacher's style of teaching, the thing of it is - she doesn't seem like she's teaching us anything. And she is making us do all this group work, we have a big group presentation this coming class. Bah!

The other class is Professional Issues of Marital & Family Counseling. This class met for 4.25 hours everyday for 2 weeks straight. Now I have to mention that both these classes are an hour travel each way for me. So, on those 2 Wedendays I spent 8 hours in class and 4 hours in my car. I was beat! But back to my critique of this class. I really enjoyed it. I didn't like the 8 am start - but what are you going to do? I really felt smart in this class. It's amazing how smart you feel when you have real life knowledge to apply. I learned a lot too and thought the professor was worth listening to. He seems very intelligent. You know how it is when you get a prof that you just don't think is worth listening to (that's my MC class, not this one.) So, this class ended on Friday. I'd like to toot my own horn and say I got A's on EVERYTHING!

But if that's not enough I decided to take another class in July from this prof (the one I liked.) It's another 4.25 hour class for 2 weeks straight. I have about 3 weeks off, maybe I'll try to get the books and get some stuff read beforehand.

And I do have to mention that tomorrow starts summer school for my Day Treatment kids. Because of the nature of the services (Therapy) they get from us, they don't do summer school as you would traditionally think it. We meet for 2 full days every other week, so that they have consistent meeting times throughout the summer.

Now rest for the weary.

So, if people were wondering where I have been - that's where (although I have been wondering where the people are.)

No comments: