Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Not-So-Famous

So, I'm reading "How to Become Famous in Two Weeks or Less" and I've come to one big conclusion. I really have no desire to be famous and here's why:
* It's too much work & is exhausting.
* I'm ok with being in bed by 11pm, I'm not ok with less than 8 hours of sleep.
* If I go to a party with food - I'm gonna eat.
* I live in a rural area of MN and there is just not a lot of fame to be had here, and even if we still lived in the Cities, there isn't a lot of fame to be had there either unless your last name is Carlson or you are from Hollywood.
* There is just some clothes I will not be caught dead in. I don't care how much attention it will get me.
* I just don't want to be on the phone that much trying to get invites to parties.
* I just don't dig being superficial and ditching my real friends.

It is a funny book and I'm about done reading it, but it is starting to drag a little. I am amazed and how much they were able to do in that short amount of time. They certainly have some stories, that I am sure would be even more interesting if they were remotely enjoying themselves during this time rather than being so concerned about being famous (although them I am sure they would not have had as many short stories.

I think I'll keep with quality rather than quantity.

No comments: